Be Accessible Scholarship
What is the be accessible scholarship?
Modo Yoga believes that diversity and strength go hand-in-hand. Through the Be Accessible Scholarship, we seek to increase the racial diversity of our teaching community by inviting all People of Colour (re: non-white people) to apply. This scholarship covers 100% of the tuition to the Level 1 Modo Yoga Teacher Training (1-month intensive and 11-month distance learning program). Travel, accommodation and food are not included.
VIDEO: The Be Accessible Scholarship & Allyship Within The Yoga World
Who Should Apply?
- Any Person of Colour (re: non-white person).
- Any Person of Colour who is actively engaged or would like to become actively engaged in the yoga community with the intention to create greater representation and diversity.
- Any Person of Colour who would benefit from the knowledge acquired at the Modo Yoga Teacher training and apply it to their personal or professional work.
How to apply
PLEASE NOTE: An application for the Level 1 Modo Yoga Teacher Training must be filled out separately, prior to your application for one of the scholarships. Click here to apply for training.
Create a 2-minute video of yourself answering the following questions:
- Which scholarship are you applying for?
- Which Modo Yoga Teacher Training did you apply to?
- What is your home studio?
- Why do you think you would be a suitable recipient of this scholarship?
- How would you integrate the skills you learn at the Modo Yoga Teacher Training into your daily life?
- Is your attendance in the Modo Yoga Teacher Training contingent on receiving this scholarship?
- Application must be submitted 3-months prior to the start date of the Modo Yoga Teacher Training you applied to.
- Please send your video to firstname.lastname@example.org with the training and scholarship you are applying for in the subject line.
- All applicants will be notified once the recipient has been informed and has accepted the scholarship.