Be Accessible Scholarship
What is the be accessible scholarship?
Modo Yoga believes that diversity and strength go hand-in-hand. Through the Be Accessible Scholarship, we seek to increase the racial diversity of our teaching community by inviting all People of Colour (re: non-white people) to apply. This scholarship covers 100% of the tuition to the Level 1 Modo Yoga Teacher Training (1-month intensive and 11-month distance learning program). Travel, accommodation and food are not included.
Who Should Apply?
- Any Person of Colour (re: non-white person).
- Any Person of Colour who is actively engaged or would like to become actively engaged in the yoga community with the intention to create greater representation and diversity.
- Any Person of Colour who would benefit from the knowledge acquired at the Modo Yoga Teacher training and apply it to their personal or professional work.
- PLEASE NOTE: Priority will be given to applicants who have been practicing at a Modo Yoga studio for at least 3 months.
How to apply
PLEASE NOTE: An application for the Level 1 Modo Yoga Teacher Training must be filled out separately, prior to your application for one of the scholarships. Click here to apply for training.
Create a 2-minute video of yourself answering the following questions:
- Which scholarship are you applying for?
- Which Modo Yoga Teacher Training did you apply to?
- What is your home studio?
- Why do you think you would be a suitable recipient of this scholarship?
- How would you integrate the skills you learn at the Modo Yoga Teacher Training into your daily life?
- Is your attendance in the Modo Yoga Teacher Training contingent on receiving this scholarship?
- Application must be submitted 3-months prior to the start date of the Modo Yoga Teacher Training you applied to.
- Please send your video to firstname.lastname@example.org with the training and scholarship you are applying for in the subject line.
- All applicants will be notified once the recipient has been informed and has accepted the scholarship.