Be Peace Scholarship
What Is The Be Peace Scholarship?
There are many students in our community doing great work in the world. Through the Be Peace Scholarship, we honour the activists, teachers, first responders and those doing good in their communities. This scholarship covers 50% of the tuition to the Level 1 Modo Yoga Teacher Training (Module 1: Deepen Your Practice and Module 2: Learn to Teach).
Who Should Apply?
- Any individual who is actively employed by a non-government organization, a not-for-profit organization, or a charitable organization.
- Any individual who is engaged with their community through volunteerism, social activism or environmentalism.
- Any individual who believes their work contributes to positive change, growth, and increased awareness in their community.
- Any individual who identifies as LGTBQ+ or lives with a disability and intends to use their experience to make our community more safe and accessible for all.
- PLEASE NOTE: Priority will be given to applicants who have been practicing at a Modo Yoga studio for at least 3 months.
How to apply
PLEASE NOTE: An application for the Level 1 Modo Yoga Teacher Training must be filled out separately, prior to your application for one of the scholarships. Click here to apply for training.
Create a 2-minute video of yourself answering the following questions:
- Which scholarship are you applying for?
- Which Modo Yoga Teacher Training did you apply to?
- What is your home studio?
- Why do you think you would be a suitable recipient of this scholarship?
- How would you integrate the skills you learn at the Modo Yoga Teacher Training into your daily life?
- Is your attendance in the Modo Yoga Teacher Training contingent on receiving this scholarship?
- Applications must be submitted 1-month prior to the start date of your desired teacher training.
- Please send your video to firstname.lastname@example.org with the training and scholarship you are applying for in the subject line.
- All applicants will be notified once the recipient has been informed and has accepted the scholarship.
- PLEASE NOTE: the scholarship applies to our entire teacher training program (Both Part 1: Deepen Your Practice and Part 2: Learn to Teach). This scholarship must be used within one year of being awarded.