New to the Studio?
Welcome to Modo Yoga Bloor West.
Heart Based. Community Driven. Hot Yoga Studio
Welcome Friends. We are excited to have you join us for practice. If this is your first time at our studio, read this page to get a feel of who we are and what to expect. See you in practice!
What is Modo Yoga?
The Modo series is a cardiovascular workout that relaxes, strengthens and tones the muscles while calming the mind and reducing stress. The heat allows for deep, safe stretching and promotes detoxification of the skin, blood, and muscles through sweat. Classes that have Modo in the title are 37 degrees and all other classes are reduced heat at 27 degrees.
Before Coming In…
Make your first day at Modo Yoga Bloor West easeful by pre-registering before walking through our doors. Pre-Registration is required for new students, and we strongly recommend it to all. Although drop-ins are available to existing students and members, we cannot guarantee there will be space when you arrive. You can pre-register by logging in to Modo Yoga Bloor West here, or through the Mind Body App. If you haven’t created an account with us yet, you can follow this link to do so!
I’ve never done Yoga before, what do I need?
All of our classes will need a mat and a water bottle. There are specific classes that you may find you will need more support in. Below we have listed items you may want to bring with you for these classes.
If you have forgotten a mat, towel, or water bottle, don’t worry we have you covered! We offer rentals that are cash only and as always, will be sanitized and disinfected after each use.
Modo classes are heated at 37 degrees, with external weather conditions affecting the studios overall temperature. Throughout this practice, you may start to notice drops of sweat on your mat. This will make it harder for you to grip your mat and feel grounded. We recommend bringing in a mat towel (a towel for your mat to soak up sweat and grips onto your mat for stability) and/or a towel (to help soak up sweat on your mat or yourself.)
Yin classes are at a reduced heat at 27 degrees and is a restorative class, that allows you to melt into poses for a longer period of time. It is not necessary but if you find it nourishing, feel free to bring in an eye pillow, to help you relax more deeply.
What should I expect when I get here?
- Coat Rack: Place any heavier jackets/clothing on our coat rack and leave your shoes underneath.
- Front Desk: Check in with our reception for class. If you need any rentals, this is the place to be!
- Change Rooms: We have three changerooms. Woman; Trans Women; Non-Binary; Cis, Men; Trans Men; Non-Binary; Cis, and a private change room if you need more privacy. Our two main change rooms have showers if you need to refresh yourself after class
- Zen Den: Before and After class, have some hot tea that we make fresh everyday. If you feel compelled, pick up our instruments and play, read a book, or just do nothing.
When You Enter The Practice Room…
- Help keep our studio noise free by leaving your phone and devices in the changeroom while in practice
- We’re a scent free studio, avoid putting any perfume or fragrance on during your time with us
- Floor markers to indicate where to put your mat to ensure even space between fellow students.
- Mirrors are used for our classes and indicate the front of the room.
- Air purifiers are used in the practice room, turned off during class.
Our Latecomer Policy…
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to email us or call us.