COVID-19 has created a fundamental shift in the way we live, work, and play and our studio is no exception. The health and safety of our staff and students has always been top priority, and we are especially mindful of our responsibility to the wider community. We’ve worked hard to update the studio and our operating protocols based on public health and Modo Yoga International guidelines, including our purchase or a HEPA air cleaner. Some parts of your experience in-studio will be different, especially in the early stages. Watch this video to see how safe you’ll be:
Change can be challenging. We understand that not all of these changes will be ideal for everyone, but they are necessary and non-negotiable in order for us to welcome you back to your practice home. Think of this as a great time to practice yoga off the mat. Thank you for showing patience, compassion, awareness, and respect for our staff and for each other by following these updated studio policies.
BEFORE COMING TO THE STUDIO
- Make sure you don’t have any symptoms of COVID-19. If you arrive at the studio with any of these symptoms, you will not be permitted to take class. We will take your temperature.
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19, or come into contact with someone who has? Please do not come to the studio until you’ve tested negative.
- Have you recently travelled from outside Canada? You are required to self-isolate for 14 days. Please do not come to the studio until your self-isolation period ends.
REGISTER FOR CLASS
- You must sign up in advance via our website or mobile app for all classes. We cannot accommodate walk-ins at this time.
- **Update your Mindbody account Log In and make sure your credit card is active as we are cashless. Current contact information is vital for contact tracing! Sign up for newsletter to receive up to date studio information, and great deals.
- Online registration closes 1 hour before class begins, cancellations must be 2 hours before class. Due to reduced class size, you will be charge a No Show Fee of $10.
- You can sign up for classes up to a week in advance.
- Please note that class capacity for in-person classes is currently limited to 18 spots. We recommend booking early to secure a spot and cancelling early if plans change, to avoid the No Show Fee.
BRING WHAT YOU NEED
- You must wear a mask. If you forget, some will be available for sale.
- You must bring your own mat, towel, and a full water bottle.
- Rentals are discontinued until further notice.
- We cannot offer studio props such as blocks and straps at this time. You are welcome to bring your own props from home, or to purchase props from us.
- No change rooms or showers until further notice, so please plan ahead and arrive dressed and ready for class. (The toilet in our universal hallway washroom will be available only if necessary.)
- Need to make a purchase? Make sure you have an active card on file, or bring a credit or debit card. We will not be accepting cash until further notice, and will not be putting any purchases on account.
AT THE STUDIO
ARRIVING FOR CLASS
- The front door will be opened 15 minutes before class. Please line up outside and wait for a staff member to let you in.
- Sign in at the desk with your name or scan card.
- Your temperature will be checked and you will be asked to confirm that you have no COVID-19 symptoms or exposure to anyone with COVID-19.
- We’ve laid out floor stickers with physical distancing in mind.
- You must arrive a minimum of 5 minutes before class begins. As always, no latecomers will be allowed into class.
RIGHT BEFORE CLASS
- Please go to the designated place and carefully put your mat on the mat markers.
- Please make sure your phone is off or on silent, and placed under a towel in class so as not to distract.
- The yoga room is a silent space. Please settle in as quietly as you can and enjoy some rest before class begins.
- Teachers will guide class from their mat and will not walk around.
- Teachers will not offer any hands-on adjustments.
- Teachers will not offer any open-mouth or vigorous breathing exercises.
- Please stay on your mat throughout class. Need to leave? Let the teacher know so we can assist you. The class will need to put masks back on, so please try to avoid leaving as you may not be allowed to return.
- Teachers will incorporate a 5 minute savasana into every class, and then bring you back to a seated position to finish your class. Pease wait for exit instructions. At this time, we cannot make the room available to you after class ends. Please leave only when the teacher directs you.
- Have a question about your pass, or need to make a purchase? We’d be happy to help you after class. We’re cashless, so make sure your credit information is saved on your account.
- Though we’d love to visit, we’re asking everyone to leave right away.
- Remember, our showers are not available right now.
- The studio closes 15 minutes after class ends.
- Need to cancel a class you’re registered for? No problem. You can do so via our website or mobile app.
- You can cancel up until 2 hours before class is scheduled to start.
- If you cancel within 2 hours of class, or don’t show up for a class you’re registered for, you will be charged a $10 courtesy fee.
- Please note that no-show fees do not apply for classes in our Virtual Studio.
CLEANING & SANITATION
- Staff will deep clean all common areas and high touch surfaces before and after each class with products that are proven to kill viruses like COVID-19.
- Classes will be scheduled with more time between them to ensure staff have ample time to clean and disinfect.
- Hand sanitizer will be available around the space. Please make use of it when you arrive at the studio and before you go into the yoga room.
- Need to use the washroom? Please go before or after class to avoid walking past other students. Thank you for taking extra care to wash your hands thoroughly.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Staff are monitoring their health closely and will not be coming into the studio for any reason if they are feeling unwell.
- Staff will be wearing non-medical masks at the front desk and in the common areas of the studio. Teachers may be wearing a face shield when teaching class.
- While in the studio you will be required to wear a non-medical mask until you reach your mat to practice, you may then opt to take mask off.
- Please practice good cough and sneeze hygiene. Use your towel, elbow or a tissue, and keep your hands clean.
- Support your community by practicing physical distancing when you are at the studio. Leave 2 metres of space between you and others at all times.