Didn’t make it into class? You can practice with a Replay for 48 hours after class! Here’s how:
Accessing Video Replays
Note that you must access Replays from a web browser — they are not available on the Modo App at this time. We recommend an unlimited membership for Replays, as each click uses a class.
- From the “MY ACCOUNT” menu of our homepage, choose “Video Replays” – you will be asked to log into your account.
- Upon logging in, you will see the Replays tab, with a list of classes.
- Click on the class recording you would like to watch – a pop up window will open.
- If you have pop-up windows blocked, you will need to modify this setting in your browser to allow them. If your link is turning red and nothing else is happening, this is surely the issue. See below for how to fix it.
- Note that classes typically are added the day after they occur live, and are available for replay for approximately 48 hours.
- Replays are posted the day after class or sooner (usually overnight). Full length classes are organized by studio and remain for 2 days. Short, pop-up practices from all studios have their own section and remain for 14 days.
- Looking for a particular class and don’t see it? We aim to make every single class available, but sometimes the internet gremlins don’t allow this. If you don’t see a class by the following day, it’s because we were not able to share it.
- If your link is turning red, and nothing else is happening, you need to allow pop-up windows. Read below for instructions in common browsers.
- Make sure you have an active membership – most unlimited memberships include Replay access alongside Livestream Classes. If our Livestream schedule doesn’t suit you, we also offer access to Replays only, without the live zoom classes.
- Class card holders beware: Each click takes a class. This is why we recommend an unlimited membership for accessing Replays.
- The Modo App does not offer access to Replays at this time – if you’re trying to access the “Videos” section of the app, it is not active. Access the Replays tab using a web browser on desktop or your mobile device.
How to allow pop-up windows in common browsers:
FOR CHROME: TURN POP-UPS ON OR OFF
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Site settings.
- Click Pop-ups and redirects.
- At the top, turn the setting to Allowed
FOR SAFARI (MACOS)
In the Safari app on your Mac, use Websites preferences to customize how you browse individual websites. To change these preferences, choose Safari > Preferences, then click Websites. The settings you can customize are listed on the left – to apply a setting to a website on the right, first select the setting, then choose the option you want from the pop-menu next to the website.
1. Visit the website modoyogandg.com
2. Go to the Safari menu in the top left, and select “Preferences”
3. Choose “Websites” along the top bar of icons in the window that appears. It is the 8th option along the top.
4. On that screen, you will see a list of items on the left – scroll down to the option, “Pop-up windows” – it’s near the end of the list.
5. On the right, it says, “allow pop-up windows on the websites below” – and it should list our website with a drop-down menu next to it.
6. Choose “Allow” pop-up windows from our website. You can then close the Preferences window.
FOR FIREFOX: TO ACCESS THE POP-UP BLOCKER SETTINGS:
- From the Firefox menu, select Preferences.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- Under the Permissions section, uncheck the box next to Block pop-up windows to disable the pop-up blocker altogether.
- Click on Exceptions… opens a dialog box with a list of sites that you want to allow to display pop-ups.