Cancellation & Courtesy Policies
Our goal is to create a supportive and nurturing space for our students in all our classes. To cultivate this space, we have updated our guidelines in place at Modo Nanaimo:
- 4-Hour Cancellation Window: You may cancel your class online or from your app up to 4 hours before class to avoid losing the class or being charged a no-show or late cancellation fee.
- Please note that we do not accept phone or email cancellations.
- Late Cancellation Fee: Any unlimited member that cancels a class less than 4 hours beforehand will be charged a $12 late-cancellation fee.
- No-Show Fee: If you have not cancelled your class and are on a monthly membership, a no-show fee of $20 will be charged to your card on file.
- Class Credits: Any class card or single class passes will be forfeited if you do not cancel prior to 4 hours before the start of class, but you will not be charged any additional fees.
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes before class time. If you arrive less than 5 minutes before the class you are considered late and may not be permitted.
- Even when a class appears full, you may, and should, add yourself to the waitlist.
- When a cancellation is made, the first name on the waitlist gets automatically added to the class.
- If you are signed up for notifications, you will receive an email as soon as you are added to the class. This will happen up until 1 hour before class.
- Once you are added to the class from the waitlist, you become responsible for attending or cancelling.
- If you are on a waitlist and you know that you don’t plan on coming in for class, make sure to remove yourself so you aren’t added to class without adequate time to make it into the studio or to cancel without penalty (less than 4 hours before class).
- Doors will open 30 minutes before class starts, please make every effort to arrive as early as possible. 5 minutes before class, any student not present will lose their spot to students present at the studio waiting to get into the class. To avoid losing your spot on the waitlist, arrive on time and ready to go.
For the benefit of teachers and students alike, we do not allow any students into class once the teacher has entered the studio and class has begun. Doors may be locked 2 minutes before class begins. Thanks for respecting our time boundaries to create a supportive space and nurturing community where we can practice yoga.
OTHER COURTESY POLICIES
Many students arrive at our studio to take a break from the business of their daily lives, so we ask that you please your phone in the changing room.
Smartwatches should be put on silent and notifications turned off.
SILENT PRACTICE ROOMS
Please keep the room a silent space and leave all conversations (even whispering) outside the hot room. Before and after class is a special time that students use to meditate, decompress, and integrate their practice before the rest of their day.