Cancellation & Courtesy Policies
Our goal is to create a supportive and nurturing space for our students in all the classes that we offer. In order to cultivate this space, we have updated our guidelines in place at our Modo Nanaimo studios:
Effective July 22nd, 2020:
To protect the health and safety of our staff and students, we are requiring masks to be worn in common areas before and after class. Masks are not required during class. Please bring your own mask to the studio or purchase one available at the front desk. Students will not be permitted into the studio without a face covering.
No Walk-Ins, Pre-registration Only
- You must pre-register for classes online using your MindBody app or MindBody software.
- Bookings open 7 days prior and up until 1 hour before class and are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- As we have fewer in-person classes with a lower capacity, for now, please limit the number of in-studio classes to no more than 3 per week.
- If the class is full, please check back to see if a spot becomes available. If you pre-register, you will then be responsible for either attending the class or cancelling no more than 6 hours before class.
- We cannot accept drop-ins at this time due to limited class capacity and class schedule
- As space is limited, we now require students to cancel reservations for classes that you cannot attend more than 6 hours before the start of the class.
- Any cancellations made less than 6 hours in advance will result in a loss of class credit or a charge of $12 for any client on a monthly or annual membership. Any cancellations made more than 6 hours in advance on any class package will be credited back to your account and will be made available for a future class. If you no-show, are late (less than 5 minutes before class) or cancel within 6 hours of the class start time, you will lose your class or get charged $12 if you’re on a membership.
- Students must cancel themselves using their online MindBody profile or Modo Yoga App. Phoning or emailing to cancel is not an option.
- If you are cancelling within the 6 hour cancellation period due to sickness or because you did not SCREEN GREEN, please email email@example.com and we will waive the cancellation fee.
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes before class time. If you arrive less than 5 minutes before the class you are considered late and may not be permitted.
All fees are non-refundable, non-shareable and non-transferable, including, but not limited to Auto-Renew, Joint Gym & Yoga, Peace, Health & Performance, One Year Unlimited, and Club 365.
UPDATED JUST 1ST, 2020
For the benefit of teachers and students alike, we do not allow any students into class once the teacher has entered the studio and class has begun Students must arrive no more than 15 minutes in advance and no later than 5 minutes before class. Doors may be locked 2 minutes before class begins. Thanks for respecting our time boundaries to create a supportive space and nurturing community where we can practice yoga.
OTHER COURTESY POLICIES
Many students arrive at our studio to take a break from the business of their daily lives, so we ask that you please leave all belongings at home or in your vehicle. Exceptionally, we are allowing a small bag with props in the hot room and cell phones. Please turn phones on silent and have them at the back of your mat.
Smartwatches should be put on silent and notifications turned off.
SILENT PRACTICE ROOMS
Please keep the room a silent space and leave all conversations (even whispering) outside the hot room. Before and after class is a special time that students use to meditate, decompress, and integrate their practice before the rest of their day.