WHAT IS A VIRTUAL STUDIO?
We believe community is so much bigger than the four walls of our hot room. That’s why we’ve launched a Virtual Studio featuring classes that take place over Zoom. Whether you’re not quite ready to come back to classes in the studio yet, or you’re looking for a way to bring yoga with you when you head up to the cabin for the weekend, the Virtual Studio is for you! By finding creative ways to stay connected to our practice and to each other, we can better equip ourselves to navigate the challenges of this unique time.
PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR THE VIRTUAL STUDIO
- Use any existing pass or membership that you have on file. If you opted to place your membership on hold at some point in 2020, email us at [email protected] to reactivate your pass!
- Buy a Virtual Drop-in for $8 + tax.
(Please note that while you can use a regular pass to sign in for Virtual Studio classes, you can’t apply Virtual Studio passes towards in-person classes.)
HOW TO ATTEND A VIRTUAL CLASS
- Download Zoom on your laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Sign up for class just like you normally do, via the class schedule on our website or mobile app. You’ll receive a confirmation email once you register.
- Check your inbox about 15 minutes before class is scheduled to start. You’ll see an email from us with a unique Zoom link you can use to access the class. Don’t see an email? Check your Spam folder, and add [email protected] to your safe senders’ list.
- The teacher will sign in about 5 minutes before class begins. If you try to sign in before the teacher has arrived, you’ll see a Zoom dialogue box that says “waiting for the host to start the meeting”. (This is normal – the video will start once the teacher logs into Zoom.)
- The teacher will mute all participants once class starts – you won’t be heard while you practice, but you have the option to be seen. This is a great way for the teacher to give alignment cues and shout outs! If you prefer, you can turn off your camera!
- Enjoy the feeling that you are practicing with other people from your community, and remember to take your savasana!
- While we definitely encourage you to join class in real time if you can, all classes in our Virtual Studio will be recorded and sent out via email after class ends. You must be pre-registered for class in order to receive the Zoom recording. Recordings will remain available for 24 hours.
HOT TIPS FOR THE BEST VIRTUAL PRACTICE POSSIBLE
- Make sure we have the correct email address on file for you so that you can sign up for class ahead of time – remember you must be pre-registered in order to attend class live or receive the recording. Contact us at [email protected] if you’re having trouble accessing your account.
- Sign up for class at least 30 minutes before class is scheduled to start! This will ensure that you receive the email with the Zoom link.
- Create a calm space to practice in with minimal distractions. We recommend turning off notifications on whatever device you are using to stream the class. Give yourself the gift of time and space to move and breathe and be present – just like you would be doing if you were taking a class in the hot room!
- Need assistance? We’ll be monitoring our email throughout the sign in period and during the first few minutes of class. If you didn’t receive the Zoom link or are having any difficulty getting in to class, contact us at [email protected].