Modo Yoga Response to Coronavirus
As you are probably already aware, the COVID-19 Coronavirus strain is making its way around the world. We want to inform you of the steps we’re taking at the studio to maintain a healthy and safe environment.
WHAT WE’RE DOING
• Increasing how often the studio areas and restrooms are being cleaned. This includes wiping down all surfaces, door handles, lockers, etc.with an effective cleaner.
• Ensuring that mats and blocks are disinfected daily after every class.
• Stocking up on disinfecting products and making them readily available to our students and teachers.
• Monitoring the situation and adjusting protocol as recommended.
WHAT DO WE USE TO DISINFECT?
• We always clean our studio spaces after every single class using a combination of tea tree oil and Benefect Brand Botanical Decon 30, an all natural and eco-friendly disinfectant. This product kills 99.99% of all bacteria on any surface in 30 seconds and “in addition to being bactericidal against Staphylococcus aureus (Staph), Salmonella enterica, Pseudomonas aeruginosa & Escherichia coli (E-coli), it is also virucidal against Rhinovirus (the common cold virus) and Influenza A including the Pandemic 2009 H1N1.” This is also the same product used in cleaning our mats, and is included in our laundry in addition to detergent.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
• If you are feeling at all unwell, stay home and speak to your primary care provider. Please, do not come to the studio to “sweat it out”.
• Thoroughly wash your hands upon arriving at the studio, before class, and after class – especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
Short on time? Use the hand sanitizer we have provided around the studio, though you should still opt to wash your hands whenever possible.
• As much as possible, avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes.
• If you find yourself sneezing or coughing, please do it into a tissue or your elbow. Please then wash your hands and be aware that the novel coronavirus can live on your clothing for up to a week.
• Keep yourself healthy and well rested. (And how wonderful is it that yoga can help with this!)