Modo Yoga International, Inc. (Modo Yoga), takes seriously the security and protection of your personal information. We respect your right to privacy and to transparency regarding Modo Yoga’s use of your personal information. This Policy outlines how and why we collect, use, disclose, store and secure your personal information, as well as your rights in connection with your personal information.
Modo Yoga has appointed a Privacy Officer who has responsibility for our compliance with applicable privacy legislation. Contact information for our Privacy Officer is set out at the conclusion of this Policy.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES MODO YOGA COLLECT?
In connection with the purposes set below, Modo Yoga may collect some or all of the following types of personal information:
– name and contact information, including home address, home, business and mobile phone numbers, email address,
– your photograph (e.g. for ID cards/passes or for Modo Yoga’s customer relationship system
– your image (in connection with use of security cameras in our office or studio)
– payment card information, bank account information
– health information relevant to your participation in yoga and related activities
– purchase/transaction history with Modo Yoga,
– your preferences as indicated through your transactions and interactions with, your use of our websites, including www.modoyoga.com, www.modoyogaonline.com, and our Apps and any feedback you choose to provide.
– any information you choose to provide in person (e.g. at a Modo Yoga studio), over the telephone, through our website (www.modoyoga.com, www.modoyogaonline.com), through our Apps or through other means of communication with you, such as Namastream, BrandBot, Instagram, and Facebook.
– relationships to other individuals with accounts, emergency contact information, membership contracts including signatures.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DOES MODO YOGA COLLECT, USE OR DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information for some or all of the following purposes:
– to create a customer account for you and to maintain your up to date contact information so that we may communicate effectively with you
– to ensure we are aware of any relevant health matters or conditions which may impact on your ability to safely participate in our classes or events, as well as to generally provide a safe and healthy environment for our customers and staff
– to process and facilitate any purchases of products or services by you (whether through Mindbody, Mariana Tek, Shopify, Namastream or Modo Yoga Online or our Apps and to fulfill and track your transactions or orders
– with respect to payments by you, allow you to save your billing and payment details on our systems if you choose to do so. Credit card numbers are encrypted and stored in the Mindbody, Mariana Tek, Shopify, Namastream or Modo Yoga Online systems.
– to allow you to make use of scheduling or similar features available through Mindbody, Mariana Tek, Namastream or Modo Yoga Online systems, and our Apps and for our administration, facilitation and monitoring of same
– to obtain feedback on our products or services (for example, through optional surveys, feedback forms and similar mechanisms)
– to communicate with you generally and respond to your queries, including in regard to product/service matters, such as class schedule changes, cancellations, product recalls, class requirements, evaluations, and schedule changes and surveys.
– to communicate with you for marketing or promotional purposes, which may include sending newsletters, updates, offers, contests, promotions, and similar matters. For information regarding opting out of some of these communications, please see “Your Rights and Choices” below.
– to protect Modo Yoga and its customers from fraud, theft, security and safety risks, or similar matters (this may include the use of video cameras in some areas)
– Cookies –
– to assist with law enforcement where we have a good-faith belief that the disclosure is reasonably necessary for law enforcement or regulatory purposes
– to comply with legal requirements and act in accordance with legal authorizations
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell your personal information. We do not share or disclose your personal information except in accordance with the purposes outlined above, including to provide the services or products you request. For example:
Providing Services. Personal and other information may be shared with our selected suppliers, service providers, affiliates, and partner sites in connection with providing services or products to you. For example, we may provide such information to third parties in connection with operating and maintaining our website, fulfilling your requests for products or services, processing credit card payments (if applicable), delivering products, performing business and sales analysis, and offering contests or conducting surveys. We do not provide your contact details to other companies for their marketing or mailing list, unless you have consented to same or unless otherwise authorized by applicable law.
We also share information with our franchisees. If a franchisee sells or otherwise transfers its franchise, we will transfer member information controlled by the outgoing franchisee to the successor franchisee. We also share information with our franchisees for customer service purposes.
Content Sharing. Content (meaning any materials, including, without limitation, text, pictures, graphics, sound files and other files and the selection and arrangement thereof, the “Content”) that you make available publicly on our website is generally displayed to other visitors to the website. We also may use the Content you share with us on our other online platforms, social media accounts, and in our promotional videos and content. Content that you make available publicly may be collected and used by others, and we cannot control what other users do with this Content.
Modo Yoga affiliates, service providers, and partners may be located outside Canada. Accordingly, your personal information may be transferred to or stored in countries outside Canada and will therefore be accessible to law enforcement and/or regulatory authorities according to the applicable laws in such foreign jurisdictions.
Aggregate Data. We may share aggregated, de-identified or anonymized information (i.e. non-identifiable information) with third parties, such as usage statistics or demographic trends regarding our users. This data does not include personal information.
Your Rights and Choices:
You have the right to access or correct your personal information held by Modo Yoga, subject to certain conditions and exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation.
You may opt out of marketing/promotional communications or withdraw your consent to same at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link, found at the foot of every email that we send to you, or by sending an email request to: email@example.com or by adjusting your subscription settings in your account, from within the App, or within Mindbody, Mariana Tek, Namastream or Modo Yoga Online. If you wish to exercise your right to access/correct your personal information, opt-out of or withdraw consent for marketing/promotional communications, or if you have a question or concern about our collection, use disclosure or storage of your personal information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Modo Yoga will take steps to confirm your identity, before processing your access/correction request.
Modo Yoga endeavours to respond to access/correction requests within 30 days following receipt, unless additional time is needed (in which case, we will notify you). If we are unable to provide access to some or all of your personal information or if we are unable to correct your personal information as you have requested, we will notify you of the reasons for this and outline any recourse available to you.
Linking to other websites
Modo Yoga takes reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. This includes physical, operational and technological measures and safeguards.
Modo Yoga retains personal information as long as needed to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, as well as for legal and reasonable business purposes.
Whom do I contact with questions?
Modo Yoga’s Privacy Officer may be reached at:
Nava Dabby, email@example.com, 980 Alder Street, Campbell River, BC V9W 2P9
Please remember to include your full name, email address and phone number with your correspondence.
Date: October 9, 2020