Good news! We can come together as a community to practice hot yoga, but things will look a bit different. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the changes we’ve made to give you the best hot yoga experience at Modo Yoga San Diego. We’ve always prioritized keeping our hot yoga studio super clean and safe for you, and in our COVID-19 world we must endeavor to improve these procedures in every way we can in order to continue providing you with the safest and cleanest hot yoga space as absolutely possible.
We realize that some of these changes are not ideal, but we see this as a starting point. As the situation changes we will make adjustments.
- All classes will be heated 102 F (exception is Freestyle Flow 95 F).
- No fans during any yoga class.
- Class capacity is 12 people max. Yoga mat spaces are marked and numbered.
- Teachers will not perform hands on adjustments.
- Teachers will not instruct mouth breathing, pranayama or kapalabhati breath work. Basically no mouth breathing!
- After every class we will perform a full cleaning of the yoga studio, followed by CDC recommended disinfecting protocol with an EPA certified disinfectant. The yoga studio will be ventilated with fresh, purified air while unoccupied. Our yoga studio was built with an ERV (energy recovery ventilator). This machine was specifically selected to remove the air inside the yoga studio and supply fresh, clean air into the room between classes.
- Masks are not required in the hot yoga room…
- BUT we need you to wear a mask in the lobby.
- Please maintain social distancing guidelines (6 feet) when entering and exiting the lobby and yoga studio spaces.
- You MUST pre-register for all yoga classes BEFORE arriving at the studio.
- New feature! Pick your spot when you register for any yoga class. Who wants the hot spot?
- We are going cashless. Please save your credit card on file.
- Doors open 30 min before class.
- Download the iOS app or log into our website
- Monthly and Annual memberships can pre-register 7 days in advance … but with this power comes great responsibility! No shows will be charged $10.
- Class credits and single classes can register 3 days in advance. No shows will lose the credit.
- Avoid the fee – you can cancel up to 2 hrs before.
- Example, you register for the 4 pm yoga class and forgot that it’s your cat’s birthday. Cancel by 1:59 pm and you’ll avoid the no show penalty.
- If a yoga class is full you can register as “Waitlist”.
- When another user cancels (see above) the next waitlist person will be added.
- You will receive an email to inform you when a space is available.
- All rentals are currently discontinued.
- Blocks and straps are discontinued.
- Showers and lockers are unavailable. Please come changed and ready to practice.
- Please bring what you need for practice – your own yoga mats, towels, blocks and straps.
- Sorry, no tea!
- We have added a full hour after every yoga class to allow for yoga studio and lobby cleaning, disinfection of all surfaces and full ventilation.
- We will monitor and adjust the class schedule to meet demand.
- Virtual classes will continue for the foreseeable future. No show fees do not apply to virtual classes
We are doing our best to navigate this situation and we sincerely appreciate your effort, support and feedback. Let us know your thoughts!