Reopening Policies & Guidelines
COVID-19 has created a fundamental shift in the way we live, work, and play. Our studio is no exception. The health and safety of our staff and students has always been top of mind for us, and at this unprecedented time we are especially mindful of our responsibility to the wider community. We’ve worked thoughtfully and diligently to update the studio space and all of our operating protocols based on public health guidelines, and recommendations from Modo Yoga International. Some elements of your experience in-studio will be different, especially in the early stages.
Change can be challenging. We understand that not all of these changes will be ideal for everyone, but they are necessary and non-negotiable in order for us to welcome you back to your practice home. Think of this as a great time to practice yoga off the mat. Thank you for showing patience, compassion, awareness, and respect for our staff and for each other by following these updated studio policies.
BEFORE COMING TO THE STUDIO
- Make sure you don’t have any symptoms of COVID-19. If you arrive at the studio with any of these symptoms, you will not be permitted to take class.
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19, or come into contact with someone who has? Please do not come to the studio until you’ve tested negative.
- Have you recently travelled from outside Canada? You are required to self-isolate for 14 days. Please do not come to the studio until your self-isolation period ends.
REGISTER FOR CLASS
- You must sign up in advance via our website or mobile app for all classes. We cannot accommodate walk-ins at this time.
Online registration closes 30 minutes before class begins.
- You can sign up for classes up to a week in advance.
- Please note that class capacity for in-person classes is currently limited to 19 spots. We recommend booking early!
BRING WHAT YOU NEED
- You must bring your own mat, towel, and a full water bottle.
- Rentals and borrow bottles are discontinued until further notice.
- We cannot offer studio props such as blocks and straps at this time. You are welcome to bring your own props from home, or to purchase props from us.
- Our showers are closed until further notice and space limited in our changerooms, so please plan ahead and arrive dressed and ready for class. (The toilet in our universal washroom will be available if needed.)
- Need to make a purchase? Make sure you bring a credit or debit card, or have an active card on file. We will not be accepting cash until further notice.
AT THE STUDIO
ARRIVING FOR CLASS
- The front door will be opened 15 minutes before class. Please line up outside and wait for a staff member to let you in.
- Upon entry, your temperature will be taken in a safe, contactless way and those with temperatures over 100 degrees will not be permitted in the studio .
- Sign in at the desk with your name.
- We’ve laid out the lounge space with physical distancing in mind.
- Please make sure your phone is on silent.
- Physical distancing is critical right now, but we don’t need to be socially isolated. Feel free to visit with your fellow students and enjoy some community time before class.
- You must arrive a minimum of 5 minutes before class begins. As always, no latecomers will be allowed into class.
RIGHT BEFORE CLASS
- Please place your mat using mat markers.
- Place your belongings close to your mat and ensure your phone is turned off!
- The yoga room is a silent space. Please settle in as quietly as you can and enjoy some rest before class begins.
- Teachers will guide class from the front of the room and will not walk around.
- Teachers will not offer any hands-on adjustments.
- Teachers will not offer any open-mouth or vigorous breathing exercises.
- Please stay on your mat throughout class. Need to leave? Please let the teacher know so we can assist you.
- Teachers will incorporate a 5 minute savasana into every class. At this time, we cannot make the room available to you after class ends.
- Please exit when the teacher directs you to.
- Have a question about your pass, or need to make a purchase? We’d be happy to help you after class.
- Though we’d love to visit, we can’t offer you tea for the time being.
- Remember, our showers are not available right now.
- The studio closes 15 minutes after class ends.
- Need to cancel a class you’re registered for? No problem. You can do so via our website or mobile app.
You can cancel up until 3 hours before class is scheduled to start.
- If you cancel less than 3 hours before class, or don’t show up for a class you’re registered for, you will be charged a $10 courtesy fee.
- Please note that no-show fees do not apply for classes in our Virtual Studio.
- If a class that you want to attend is full, you can sign up to be put on the waitlist.
- If someone cancels out of class, the person at the top of the waitlist is automatically added in.
- You will receive an email letting you know that you’ve been added into class.
- If you are added into class and can no longer make it, please cancel yourself out of class as per the cancellation policies listed above.
CLEANING & SANITATION
- Staff will deep clean all common areas and high touch surfaces before and after each class with products that are proven to kill viruses like COVID-19.
- Classes will be scheduled with more time between them to ensure staff have ample time to clean and disinfect.
- Hand sanitizer will be available around the space. Please make use of it when you arrive at the studio and before you go into the yoga room.
- Need to use the washroom? Thank you for taking extra care to wash your hands thoroughly.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Staff are monitoring their health closely and will not be coming into the studio for any reason if they are feeling unwell.
- Staff will be wearing non-medical masks at the front desk and in the common areas of the studio.
- While in the studio you will be required to wear a non-medical mask until you reach your mat to practice, you may then opt to take mask off.
- Please practice good cough and sneeze hygiene. Use your elbow or a tissue, and always wash your hands right away!
- Support your community by practicing physical distancing when you are at the studio. Leave 2 metres of space between you and others at all times.