COVID-19 has created a fundamental shift in the way we live, work, and play. Our studio is no exception. The health and safety of our staff and students has always been top of mind for us, and at this unprecedented time we are especially mindful of our responsibility to the wider community. We’ve worked thoughtfully and diligently to update the studio space and all of our operating protocols based on provincial public health guidelines and recommendations from Modo Yoga International. Some elements of your experience in-studio will be different, especially in the early stages.
The only constant is change. We understand that not all of these changes will be ideal for everyone, but they are necessary and non-negotiable in order for us to welcome you back to the studio. Thank you for showing patience, compassion, awareness, and respect for our staff and for each other by following these updated studio policies.
Tip: click on the images below which will link you to a condensed version in image format for Studio Changes, Studio Etiquette and Studio Courtesy Policy.
BEFORE COMING TO THE STUDIO
SELF-ASSESS BEFORE EVERY CLASS
- Before you arrive for class in-studio, please review and reference our Health Self-Assessment. It is important that you read this. This information will also be at the front desk. Upon sign in, you will be asked to acknowledge that you have read the assessment.
- Make sure you don’t have any symptoms of COVID. If you arrive at the studio with any of these symptoms, you will not be permitted to take class.
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19, or come into contact with someone who has? Please do not come to the studio until you’ve tested negative.
- Have you travelled from outside NL, or recently arrived to NL? Please do not come to the studio until you have completed your 14 day self-isolation.
REGISTER ONLINE FOR CLASS
- You must sign up in advance via our website or mobile app for all classes. We cannot accommodate walk-ins at this time.
- Update July 28: For August classes, class pre-registration opens 3 days before the day of the scheduled class (eg. on Monday, you can register for Thursday’s classes, etc), and will end 10 minutes before class begins.
- Please note that class capacity for in-person classes is currently limited to 16 spots. We recommend booking early!
BRING WHAT YOU NEED
- You must bring your own mat, large towel, and a full water bottle.
- Rentals of yoga mats and towels are discontinued until further notice.
- No use of studio props such as blocks, straps or bolsters at this time. You are welcome to bring your own props from home, or purchase props from our in-studio retail.
- Showers are closed until further notice, so please plan ahead and bring only what you need for class.
- Need to make a purchase? Make sure you bring a credit or debit card, or have an active card on file. We are avoiding unnecessary cash transactions until further notice.
AT THE STUDIO
ARRIVING FOR CLASS
- Please wear a mask when you arrive at the studio, after class, and while in the common areas of the studio.
- The front door will open 15 minutes before class. If there is a line up outside the studio, please practice physical distancing guidelines and wait for a staff member to let you in.
- Sign in at the desk with your name.
- We’ve laid out the lobby with physical distancing in mind.
- Place a small amount of personal belongings in a cubby space in the change room, and please make sure your phone is on silent.
- Physical distancing is critical right now, but we don’t need to be socially isolated. Feel free to visit with your fellow students and enjoy some community time before class.
- You must arrive a minimum of 5 minutes before class begins. As always, no latecomers will be allowed into class.
RIGHT BEFORE CLASS
- Please go straight to the practice room and place your mat in a designated spot.
- The practice room is a silent space. Please settle in as quietly as you can and enjoy some rest before class begins.
- Teachers will guide class from the front of the room and will not walk around.
- Teachers will not offer any hands-on adjustments.
- Teachers will not offer any open-mouth or vigorous breathing exercises.
- Please stay on your mat throughout class. Need to leave? Please let the teacher know so we can assist you.
- Masks are not required during class, but you may opt to wear your mask.
- Teachers will incorporate a 5 minute savasana into every class.
- Have a question about your pass, or need to make a purchase? We’d be happy to help you after class.
- Though we’d love to hug, hang out and chat, this isn’t the time. We are so grateful to get to be with you in person. After class, please remember to wear your mask and make your way out of the studio. You are welcome to chat outside in the fresh air.
- Remember, showers are not available for use right now.
- The studio closes 15 minutes after class ends.
CLEANING & SANITATION
- Staff will deep clean all common areas and high touch surfaces before and after each class with products that are proven to kill viruses like COVID-19.
- Classes will be scheduled with more time between them to ensure staff have ample time to clean and disinfect.
- Hand sanitizer will be available around the studio. Please make use of it when you arrive at the studio and before you go into the practice room.
- Need to use the washroom? Thank you for taking extra care to wash your hands thoroughly.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Staff are monitoring their health closely and will not be coming into the studio for any reason if they are feeling unwell.
- Staff will be wearing non-medical masks in the studio at all times except when teaching class.
- You are welcome to wear a non-medical mask while in the studio. Please note that while masks are not required, they are recommended by public health authorities in situations where physical distancing cannot be guaranteed, particularly indoors.
- Please practice good cough and sneeze hygiene. Use your elbow, and always wash your hands right away
Our hot room capacity has been reduced by about 68%, with only 16 spaces available in each class. In order for everyone to get the most out of their in-studio experience with us, we ask that you please familiarize yourself with our Courtesy Policy:
CANCELLATIONS + NO SHOW
- Need to cancel a class you’re registered for? No problem. You can do so via our website or mobile app.
- You can cancel up until 2 hours before class is scheduled to start with no penalty. While we will do our best to answer the phone and check our voicemail, we highly recommend online cancellation.
- If you cancel within 2 hours of class, or don’t show up for a class you’re registered for, we reserve the right to charge you a Late Cancel or No Show fee: $10 for Members; Loss of class for Class Pass holders; Loss of Drop In for single class.
- In the 2 hours leading up to class, you can still “late cancel” – your account will still be charged, but at least we get a heads up you won’t be coming and someone else will have the opportunity to attend that class.
- If something beyond your control happens, please do not hesitate to let us know.
- No-show fees do not apply for classes in our Virtual Studio.
- If a class that you want to attend is full, you can sign up to be put on the waitlist.
- If someone cancels out of class up to 1 hour (60 minutes) before class begins, the person at the top of the waitlist is automatically added in.
- You will receive an email letting you know that you’ve been added into class. Emails may come up to 60 minutes before class begins, so keep an eye on your Inbox (the email address that you use to login to your account with us is the one to watch).
- If you are added into class or waitlisted for a class and you can no longer make it, or at a certain period of time know that it will be too short notice for you to attend, then please cancel yourself out of class or remove yourself from the waitlist so another person has the opportunity to attend the class.
- You are responsible for managing your class and waitlist reservations.
Your practice is an opportunity to take a break from the busyness of daily life. We do not permit cell phones in the practice room. Cell phones, car keys, and bags are to be stored in our change room. Smartphones should be put on silent and notifications turned off.
SILENT PRACTICE ROOM
Please keep the practice room a silent space and leave all conversations (even whispering) outside the hot room. Before and after class is a special time that students use to meditate, decompress, and integrate their practice before the rest of their day.