COVID-19 has created a fundamental shift in the way we live, work, and play. The health and safety of our staff and students has always been top of mind for us, and at this unprecedented time we are especially mindful of our responsibility to the wider community.
We have worked thoughtfully and diligently to update the studio space and all of our operating protocols based on Health Canada, Provincial regulations, and recommendations from Modo Yoga International to keep a safe and healthy environment. We have the right to refuse entry should we feel that a student poses any risk of exposure to the virus.
Before you attend class:
- Please review our COVID Screening/Health Self-Assessment before every class. Upon arrival you will be asked to acknowledge that you have completed the self-assessment.
Do not attend class if you have:
- travelled outside the province in the past 14 days, including the Atlantic Bubble Provinces (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island) or travelled outside the communities along the Labrador-Quebec border (Labrador City, Wabush, Fermont, the Labrador Straits area and Blanc Sablon).
- been to a COVID-19 impacted area in the past 14 days.
- been in close contact with someone who has travelled outside the province in the past 14 days.
- tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- been in close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness, who has travelled outside of the identified areas noted above within 14 days, prior to their illness onset.
- two or more of the following symptoms (new or worsening) in the last 14 days:
- fever (or signs of a fever, such as chills, sweats, muscle aches, and lightheadedness);
- new cough;
- difficulty breathing;
- sore throat and/or painful swallowing;
- runny nose;
- loss of sense of smell or taste;
- unexplained loss of appetite; or
- had small red or purple spots on hands and/or feet.
Pre-register online for classes:
- There are 19 spots available in each class marked to indicate where to place your mat.
- Please reserve your space in advance on the website or Modo Yoga app (available free to download on Apple and Google Play app stores).
- Class pre-registration opens 3 days before the class date (eg. on Monday, you can register for Thursday’s classes, etc.), and ends 10 minutes before class begins.
- We are not able to accommodate walk-ins at this time.
Courtesy Policy – Class Cancellation / No Show:
- Please cancel your spot if you are not able to attend.
- Cancel online up until 2 hours before scheduled class start time with no penalty.
- If you do not cancel within the 2 hour window before class starts, or no show up for a class, we will charge a Late Cancel or No Show fee: $10 for Members; Loss of class for Class Pass holders; Loss of Drop In for single class.
- You can still “late cancel” within the 2 hour window before class starts – your account will still be charged, but you provide the opportunity for another student to attend that class.
- If something beyond your control happens, please do not hesitate to let us know.
- This policy does not apply to virtual classes in our Virtual Studio.
Courtesy Policy – Waitlist:
- If a class is full, you can sign up for a spot on the waitlist.
- Waitlists for most classes move through within the 2 hour period leading up to class start time.
- If someone cancels their spot up to 1 hour before class starts, the person at the top of the waitlist is automatically added in.
- If you opt in for email or text notifications on your account profile you will be notified that you’ve been added into class. Emails/texts will be sent up to 60 minutes before class start time. Keep an eye on your inbox and check your spam/junk/other folder.
- The Modo Yoga App is the recommended way to manage your class reservations, cancellations and view where you are for waitlisted classes right at your fingertips. Please check your status for waitlisted classes at least 1 hour before class starts.
- If you are not able to attend a class, or at a certain period of time know it will be too short notice for you to attend the class, please cancel your spot so another student has the opportunity to attend the class.
- You are responsible for managing your class and waitlist reservations.
Bring only what you need:
- Bring your own yoga mat, large towel, and a full water bottle.
- Studio rentals for yoga mats/towels are not available and no use of studio props (blocks, straps or bolsters) at this time. You are welcome to bring your own props to practice. A variety of mats & props are available for purchase at the studio.
- Be prepared to sweat – arrive wearing clean comfortable clothing for hot yoga.
- Please do not wear scented products to class.
- Hydrate well before and after practice. Allow several hours after eating before practice.
- Change rooms are open with cubby spaces available, please only bring what is needed for practice.
- The practice room is a silent space. Please no talking or whispering.
- No electronic devices permitted in the practice room – no cell phones and no use of apple watches, etc. during practice. Please ensure that when electronics are left in change rooms, that they are switched off/silent.
- Showers are not available at this time.
Mask to Mat:
- Masks are required in all areas of the studio except when students are on their mat. Upon arrival, students must sanitize their hands at the front entrance.
- Please maintain physical distance from other students to enter, take space in the practice room and to exit the studio.
- Please opt for air hugs and waves when greeting each other.
- The studio opens 15 minutes before scheduled class start times.
- Please arrive at minimum 5 minutes before class start time.
- Out of respect for everyone’s time, latecomers are not permitted to attend class.
- The Teacher will guide class from the front of the room on their designated mat and will not walk around.
- No hands-on assists or adjustments offered at this time.
- Teachers will not offer any open-mouth or vigorous breathing exercises.
- Please stay on your mat throughout class. If you feel unwell, take rest on your mat or if you need to leave please let the Teacher know.
- Teachers will incorporate a 5 minute savasana into every class.
- Please put on your mask before you leave your mat and quietly exit the practice room and studio.
- The studio will close 15 minutes after class ends.
Cleaning + Sanitization:
- Please use the hand sanitizer provided upon arrival.
- The studio is thoroughly cleaned + sanitized between classes with extra care to sanitize frequently touched areas such as door knobs, railings, bathroom fixtures, etc.
- Classes will be scheduled with more time in between classes to ensure staff have ample time to clean and disinfect, and to avoid cross-over of students between class times.
- Hand sanitizer will be available around the studio. Please make use of it when you arrive at the studio and before you go into the practice room.
- Please closely monitor your health and do not come to class if you are experiencing any of the following symptom: fever (or signs of a fever, such as chills, sweats, muscle aches, and lightheadedness); cough; headache; sore throat; runny nose; painful swallowing; diarrhea; loss of sense of smell or taste; unexplained loss of appetite; or had small red or purple spots on hands and/or feet.
- Staff and Teachers are monitoring their health closely and will not be coming into the studio for any reason if they are feeling unwell.
- Please practice good cough and sneeze hygiene and use your elbow. When possible, wash your hands right away.
Thank you for your continued support and for adhering to these new policies. We appreciate your patience, respect and understanding.