Navigating and living through a pandemic has created a fundamental shift in the way we live, work, and play. The health and safety of our staff and students has always been top of mind for us, and at this unprecedented time we are especially mindful of our responsibility to the wider community. We have worked thoughtfully and diligently to update the studio space and all of our operating protocols based on Health Canada, provincial regulations, and recommendations from Modo Yoga International to keep a safe and healthy environment. We have the right to refuse entry should we feel that any student poses any risk of exposure to the virus.
Before you attend class:
- Effective October 22, in accordance with the provincial mandated proof of vaccination requirement, all members and staff will be required to provide one time proof of vaccination in order to enter and access the studio. Please review our COVID Proof of Vaccination requirements.
- Please review our COVID Screening/Health Self-Assessment before every class. Upon arrival you will be asked to acknowledge that you have completed the screening.
Please do not come to the studio if you have:
- do not meet the mandated vaccination requirements as per gov.nl.ca guidelines.
- any one of the following symptoms (new or worsening) in the last 14 days:
- fever (or signs of a fever, such as chills, sweats, muscle aches, and lightheadedness);
- shortness of breath and/or difficulty breathing;
- cough (new or worsening);
- runny, stuffy or congested nose (not related to seasonal allergies or other known causes/conditions);
- sore throat and/or difficulty swallowing;
- acute loss of sense of smell or taste;
- unusual fatigue, lack of energy;
- unexplained loss of appetite;
- vomiting or diarrhea for more than 24 hours; or
- small red or purple spots on hands and/or feet or a child displaying small red or purple spots on hands and/or feet.
- tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- been required to self-isolate.
- been in close contact with someone who is in isolation/quarantine in the past 14 days.
- been in close contact with someone is has tested positive and/or a suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
Pre-register online for classes:
- There are 19 spots available in each in person class. Pre-registration opens 3 days in advance (as of midnight) of class date and ends 10 minutes before class start time.
- Be Community: please only sign up for classes & waitlist spaces that you plan on attending.
- Reserve your space online through our website or download the free Modo Yoga Canada app (black flame; available on Apple and Google Play app stores).
- If the “Sign Up” button does not show and the class falls within the 3 day booking window, then the class and waitlist spaces are full at that time. Do check back for movement.
- We are not able to accommodate walk-ins at this time.
Fee Based Courtesy Policy – Class Cancellation / No Show:
- Cancel your spot online up to 2-hours in advance of scheduled class start time with no fee.
- If you cancel after the 2 hour window, or no show for class, you will be charged a courtesy fee: $10 for Monthly Members; Loss of class for Class Pass holders; Loss of Drop In for single class.
- You can still “late cancel” less than 2-hours before class starts – your account will still be charged, but you provide the opportunity for another person to attend that class.
- If something beyond your control happens to prevent you from attending class, please email to let us know.
- Note: this policy does not apply to specialty classes (eg. Prenatal Yoga) or virtual classes in our Virtual Studio;
Courtesy Policy – Waitlist (Updated April 1, 2021):
- If the 19 spaces for a class are full, you can add yourself to the waitlist if you feel confident you can attend class with notice up to 119 minutes before class start time.
- Waitlists do move, especially overnight for 6:30am classes and up to the 2 hour period before class start time. Keep this in mind as it’s likely you will get a space overnight or leading up to the 2 hours before class start time.
- If someone cancels their spot up to 119 minutes before class starts, the person at the top of the waitlist is automatically added in.
- If you opt in for email or text notifications on your account profile you will be notified that you’ve been added into class. Emails/texts will be sent up to 119 minute before class start time. Keep an eye on your inbox/device and check your spam/junk/promotion folder.
- The Modo Yoga app is the recommended way to manage your class reservations, cancellations and view where you are for waitlisted classes right at your fingertips. Please check your status for waitlisted classes leading up to class start time.
- If you cannot make it to class anymore, whether you’re in the class or on the waitlist, please cancel your spot at least 2-hours in advance so another person has the opportunity to attend that class and to avoid being charged the courtesy policy fee.
- You are responsible for self-managing your class and waitlist reservations.
Bring only what you need:
- We recommend that you bring your own yoga mat, large towel, and a full water bottle. If needed, our studio mat and towels are available to rent at $2 each. If you walk/bike/run to class, let us know and your mat rental is on us.
- Studio props are currently available for use, however we encourage you to bring your own props to practice, if possible/available. A variety of mats & props are available for purchase at the studio.
- Be prepared to sweat – arrive wearing clean comfortable clothing for hot yoga.
- Please do not wear scented products to class.
- Hydrate well before and after practice. Allow several hours after eating before practice.
- Change rooms are open with cubby spaces available, please only bring what is needed for practice.
- The practice room is a silent space. Please no talking or whispering.
- No cell phones or electronic devices permitted in the practice room, no exceptions – no cell phones and no use of apple watches, etc. during practice. Please ensure that when electronics are left in change rooms, they are switched off/silent.
- Showers are now available, if necessary, for quick rinse after class (less than 5 minutes).
Mask to Mat Required – Updated Sept 18, 2021:
- Masks are to be worn upon entry to & exist from the studio, and through all common areas of the studio, except when on your mat in the practice room.
- Upon arrival, please sanitize your hands at the front entrance.
- Please maintain physical distance from others at all time.
- The studio opens 15 minutes before scheduled class start times.
- Please arrive at minimum 5 minutes before class start time as the studio door will lock 2-3 minutes before class start time.
- Out of respect for everyone’s time, latecomers are not permitted to attend class.
- The Teacher will guide class from the front of the room on their designated mat.
- No hands-on assists or adjustments offered at this time.
- Teachers will not offer any open-mouth vigorous breathing exercises.
- Please stay on your mat during class. If you feel unwell, take rest on your mat or if you need to leave please get the Teacher’s attention to let them know.
- Teachers will incorporate a 5 minute savasana into every class.
- Put your mask back on before you quietly leave the practice room.
- Leave any borrowed props & mat rentals on the practice room floor.
- Place towel rentals in the laundry bins located in the hallway, just outside of the change rooms.
- If you opt to shower following class, please make it swift (less than 5 minutes).
- The studio will close 15 minutes after class ends.
Cleaning + Sanitization:
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the studio. Please make use of it when you arrive at the studio and before you go into the practice room.
- The studio is thoroughly cleaned + sanitized between classes with extra care to sanitize frequently touched surface area.
- Classes are scheduled with 1 hour in between classes to ensure staff have ample time to clean and disinfect, and to avoid cross-over of students between class times.
- Please closely monitor your health and do not come to class if you are experiencing any of the symptoms noted in our Health Screening.
- Staff and Teachers will not come into the studio for any reason if they are feeling unwell.
- Please practice good cough and sneeze hygiene and use your elbow. When possible, wash your hands right away.
Thank you for your continued support and for adhering to these policies. We appreciate your patience, respect and understanding.