Virtual Karma Classes
Virtual Modo Karma classes are 60 minute classes that are attended by donation. 100% of all funds raised from these classes between June 5 and August 28 will go to organizations that support Black, Indigenous, and People Of Colour. The Modo Yoga sequence is an accessible yet challenging Hatha Yoga practice that is ideal for all levels of practitioners, whether you are brand new, or have been practicing yoga for a long time.
These are the Virtual Karma Class dates and the organizations we will be donating to:
- 6/05: led by Valerie Verdier raised $7,145 in support of Black Lives Matter and NAACP Legal Defence Fund
6/19: led by Danny Noel raised $1,760 in support of Black Women In Motion
- 6/26: led by Kjirsten Fogelson raised $1,115 in support of The Innocence Project
- 7/03: led by Randy Aaron raised $915 in support of NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund
- 7/10: led by Tai Salih raised $1,015 in support of The Loveland Foundation: Mental Health Fund For Black Girls/Women
- 7/17: led by Vikram Jeet Singh raised $710 in support of Yoga Gives Back
- 7/24: led by Trystan Anderson raised $435 in support of Canadian Civil Liberties Association
- 7/31: led by Kamini Kalia raised $605 in support of SOCH Mental Health
- 8/07: led by Ngozi Paul raised $565 in support of Welcome Collective
- 8/14: led by Danea Gray raised $285 in support of Black CAP
- 8/21: led by Rose Cortez raised $315 in support of “Rediscovery T’aalan Stl’ang” Cultural Camp on Haida Gwaii
- 8/28: led by Sonya Brar raised $325 in support of Pretty Brown Girls Foundation
August 28 was the last Karma class in our Summer series. From June 5th until today, the Modo Yoga Community raised a total of $15,190 CAD for 12 BIPOC organizations.
Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who attended, taught, and helped promote these classes. We are committed to amplifying the voices of Black, Indigenous, and People Of Colour in the Modo community and beyond, and this is just one of the ways we’ve been able to show our support.