For the health and safety of our community, DO NOT COME TO CLASS IF:
- You are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- You live or have been in contact with anyone who is sick and/or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- You live or have been in contact with anyone who has travelled in the last 14 days
Changes around the Studio
- Reduced class size by 75% (9 students + teacher). Mat markings are measured 2 meters apart on all sides.
- Reduced heat down to 25-28℃ (from 38℃).
- Recent HVAC system upgrade (March 2021) increases air flow and purification throughout the studio, with 12-13 air changes per hour. We also have a secondary medical grade Jaspr air purifier in the yoga room for added filtration. See below for more details.
- No high intensity classes, such as Power Flow or Fusion, will be offered at this time.
- Virtual and Outdoor class options have been added to the schedule, in addition to regular in-studio classes.
- Temperature checks and COVID-19 screening: Staff will be conducting temperature checks and COVID-19 screenings at the door before every class. Doors will open 15 minutes before class begins, and close 15 minutes after class ends to ensure no lingering in the space.
- Mask-to-Mat: Students are required to wear masks in all common areas at the studio, and are strongly encouraged to wear masks during class. Staff (teachers) will wear masks at all times.
- Occupancy limit and physical distancing signs have been placed throughout the studio to ensure safe physical distancing.
- Plexiglass barrier has been added to the front desk for the safety of our staff.
- There will be at least 1 hour between every class to allow for thorough cleaning and air purification.
- Increased sanitation measures: Ample sanitation products and hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the studio, including clear signage on proper hand washing techniques, and reminders to maintain physical distance and sanitize the hands. All high touch surfaces will be cleaned using Benefect Disinfectant before and after every class. Benefect Disinfectant is a hospital grade botanical disinfectant that has been a feature of our studio for many years.
- Online pre-registration is required for all classes. Download the Modo Yoga app or view the schedule page on our website to sign-up and reserve your spot. Visit our blog for a step-by-step guide to online pre-registration.
- Sign In Protocol: Doors will open 15 minutes before class begins, and close 15 minutes after class ends. Please wait outside on the designated physical distancing markers before class. Staff will call students in one at a time for a temperature check and COVID-19 screening.
- Mask-to-Mat: Student will not be required to wear masks during class, but are required to wear masks everywhere else in the studio. Mask-on-the-Mat is strongly encouraged. Teachers and staff will wear masks at all times.
- BYO-Everything: We will not be providing mat rentals, towel rentals, or props for practice. Members who pay for mat rentals as part of their membership will have the option to keep one of our studio mats in a cubby in the Freedom Room.
- Clean your own gear. Staff will no longer be assisting in mat cleaning after class. Personal spray bottles of Benefect disinfectant and cloths will be provided for every student, and placed at every mat marker in the yoga room.
- Change room use is available, but discouraged. Whenever possible, try to arrive in your yoga clothes!
- Showers use is available, but discouraged. Whenever possible, try to shower at home! We recognize that some students do not have access to a vehicle and may need to shower before work. If you do need to use our showers, remember to bring your own towel, and spray and wipe down all surfaces before and after you shower. Masks are mandatory in the change rooms before and after you shower. Note: studio doors close 15 minutes after class ends, so keep your shower quick!
- Cancellation Policy: If you’re unable to attend a class you’ve signed up for remember to cancel your reservation online more than 2 hours before the class begins to avoid penalty. There will be no refunds for late cancellations or no shows. (If it’s less than 2 hours before class and your in a bind, email the manager or call the studio to let us know you’re not going to make it!)
No Longer Accepting…
- Cash. We will no longer be accepting cash payments.
- ClassPass. We will be suspending attendance through ClassPass until further notice.
- Traveller’s Pass. Due to the nature of COVID-19, we will be suspending access to traveller’s passes for members.
HVAC Air Purification System Upgrade
To help increase air flow and purification in the studio, we have added a Global Plasma Solutions (GPS) Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization (NPBI) system to our HVAC unit. Not only does this new system purify the air, but it also increases air flow to 12-13 air changes per hour!
- NPBI is an ionization system that purifies the air by eliminating airborne particulates, odours and pathogens
- Similar to a magnetic field, this system attracts microscopic particles together to make them larger, which enables those particles to be caught by air filters!
- First, fans in the ceiling actively draw air from the room up into our HVAC unit, and through our primary air filter. Then, the air is pulled through a secondary ionized purification system and specialty filter the gets all those particles the first filter missed. After the air has been filtered and purified, it is evenly circulated back into the room, giving our students clean, pure air to breathe during class
If you have any questions about our HVAC upgrade, email email@example.com. Or, for the specs on our new air purification system, visit this website.