As we enter this new chapter together, we are doing our best to ensure the safety of our community. We also want to thank you in advance for your patience as we navigate this totally unprecedented situation. We promise to do our best for you. Things may change as we figure out what works best for our studio and community, so your patience and understanding is humbly requested and very much appreciated. Please continue reading for a full list of changes coming to the studio effective June 15th, 2020. Before returning to the studio, please fill out this COVID Liability Waiver.
For the health and safety of your fellow yogis and our staff, please DO NOT COME TO CLASS IF:
You are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
You live or have been in contact with anyone who is sick and/or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
You live or have been in contact with anyone who has travelled in the last 14 days
If you come to the studio with a cough, fever, or any other COVID-19 symptoms you will not be admitted.
- Online pre-registration is required for all classes. Download the Modo Yoga app or view the schedule page on our website to sign-up and reserve your spot. You can visit our blog for a step-by-step guide to online pre-registration
- Mask-to-Mat Policy in effect: Masks must be worn in all common areas at the studio, but are not required on the mat in the hot room. Students are not required to wear a mask during their practice.
- BYO-Everything. We will not be providing mat rentals, towel rentals, or props for practice. Members who use our mats as part of their membership will have the option of keeping on of our studio mats in their own cubby in the Freedom Room.
- Clean your own gear. Staff will no longer be handling student mats for cleaning after class.
- Please arrive in your yoga clothes! Change room use is discouraged, but available.
- Showers will be available starting October 1st. Remember to bring your own towel, and spray and wipe down all surfaces before and after you shower. Masks are mandatory in the change rooms before and after you shower. Shower use is discouraged, but available.
- Cancellation Policy: Unlimited Freedom, Sunrise, and Intro Month members will be charged a $15 fee for late cancellations (cancellations made less than 2 hours before the class begins) and no shows. Fab 5, Freedom 10, Freedom 25, Class card users, and Drop-Ins will not be refunded for missed classes. If you’re unable to attend a class you’ve signed up for, be sure to cancel your reservation online more than 2 hours before the class begins to avoid penalty. If it’s less than two hours before class, email the manager or call the studio to let us know you’re not going to make it!
Changes around the Studio
- Reduced class size to 50% capacity (19 students) meaning fewer bodies in the studio and more space between mats in the hot room
- Added medical grade Jaspr air purifier for extra filtration in the hot room
- Hot classes, but with increased fresh air flow
- Floor markings to safely maintain physical distancing in the common areas and hot room
- Virtual and outdoor class options. Outdoor classes are held at Hastings Mill Park (Alma St. @ Point Grey Rd).
- MINI class offerings with even further reduced capacity (12 students) and even more space between mats
- More time between classes to allow for thorough cleaning
- Ample sanitation products around the studio and increased sanitation measures for both staff and students. All studio surfaces will be cleaned with Benefect Disinfectant and Multi-Purpose Cleaner, a hospital grade disinfectant that has been a feature of our studio for many years
No Longer Accepting…
- Cash. We will no longer be accepting cash payments.
- Membership Suspensions. Once memberships are reactivated on June 15th, we will no longer be accommodating membership suspensions for non-medical reasons.
- Traveller’s Pass. Due to the nature of COVID-19, we will be suspending access to traveller’s passes for members.
We are committed to keeping our community safe and comfortable while we all enter this new chapter together. Thank you for being such an amazing group of students and community members. We feel honoured to be journeying through this with each of you, and we are so excited to welcome you back to the hot room!