As you are probably already aware, the COVID-19 Coronavirus strain is making its way around the world. We want to inform you of the steps we’re taking at the studio to maintain a healthy and safe environment.
What We’re Doing:
- Increasing how often the studio areas and restrooms are being cleaned. This includes wiping down all surfaces, door handles, lockers, etc.with an effective cleaner.
- Ensuring that mats and blocks are disinfected daily after every class.
- Stocking up on disinfecting products and making them readily available to our students and teachers.
- Monitoring the situation and adjusting protocol as recommended.
What Do We Use To Disinfect?
- We always clean our studio spaces after every single class using stabilized aqueous ozone, brand name Tersano. This progressive eco friendly system is widely used in hospitals, universities, and airports.
- Eliminates germs, odors, stains, mold, and mildew.
- Quickly kills viruses and bacteria including E.coli, Salmonella, MRSA and more. Kills 99.999% of Escherichia Coli and Staphylococcus Aureus within a 60-second contact time.
- Safe and effective with no toxins, carcinogens, or chemical residue.
- Converts safely back to tap water and oxygen.
What You Can Do:
- If you are feeling at all unwell, stay home and speak to your primary care provider.
- Thoroughly wash your hands upon arriving at the studio, before class, and after class – especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Short on time? Use the hand sanitizer we have provided around the studio, though you should still opt to wash your hands whenever possible.
- As much as possible, avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes.
- If you find yourself sneezing or coughing, please do it into a tissue or your elbow. Please then wash your hands and be aware that the novel coronavirus can live on your clothing for up to a week.
- Keep yourself healthy and well rested. (And how wonderful is it that yoga can help with this!)
Let’s all work together to stay healthy and safe.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions!