Physical distancing is crucial right now, but we don’t need to be socially isolated. Introducing our Virtual Studio – a way to provide a more studio-like, interactive experience. We have launched our Virtual Studio as a way for us to support you in your home practice. It’s also a way for you to support our teachers and to support our studio so we all have a place to come back to when we’re allowed to reopen. We’re trying our best to mimic the in person experience that we know and love through our Virtual Studio. We love you all and cannot wait for the day when we can practice next to each other again in person. Until then we will enjoy our online classes where we can say hello, share big smiles and send you heaps of love virtually.
PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR VIRTUAL CLASSES
- Feel free to use any existing class passes or your membership. If you would like to take your membership off hold to take our online classes, simply email email@example.com to re-activate your membership.
- Virtual Drop-in Class $12 (buy now)
- Virtual 5 Class Card – $49 (buy now)
- Virtual 10 Class Card – $79 (buy now)
If you are an active member in addition to getting access to our Virtual Studio, you’ll also continue to have unlimited access to Modo Yoga Online on-demand classes while we are temporarily closed.
HOW TO ATTEND A VIRTUAL CLASS
- Download Zoom on your laptop, iPad or smart phone. Make sure to enable audio.
- Sign up for a class just like you normally would do on our website or through the Modo Yoga app, and you will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org. (Add this email to your address book and check your spam/other folder.)
- Approximately one hour before class, you will receive another email from FitGrid with a link to join the class.
- About 5-10 minutes before class starts, click your link, and a Zoom dialogue box will display while you wait for your teacher to start class.
- The teacher will mute all participants once class starts – you won’t be heard while you practice, but you have the option to be seen. This is a great way for the teacher to give alignment cues and shout outs! If you prefer, you can turn off your camera!
- Enjoy class, feel (and see!) how you are practicing with other people from your community, and remember to take your savasana.
- We encourage everyone to attend each class live as it’s the best way to connect with our community. If you cannot attend live you will receive a link with a recording of the class that will be available for 24 hours afterwards. To receive the link with the recording you must be pre-registered for the class in advance of the class start time.
TIPS TO HAVE THE BEST VIRTUAL CLASS POSSIBLE
- Make sure your Modo account has your correct email address! Contact us at email@example.com if you are having trouble accessing your account.
- Sign up for the class in advance.
- Sign-ups for a class will end 15 minutes before class starts.
- The email to join class will be from FITGRID and is not always sent immediately after sign up. If you signed up last minute, your link will arrive when the teacher begins the class.
- Though we love to share, each link is customized for single-use and will only work with one user.
- If you didn’t get a link (remember to check what email address is in your account and check your Spam folder) please email us for assistance.
- Read the description for each class to find out what props you might need so you can get set up before class starts. Props can vary slightly depending on who is teaching each class.