We’re happy to announce that in-studio classes at MYV will resume on June 15th! In accordance with BC’s Restart Plan, here what you can expect at MYV this summer:
For the health and safety of our community, DO NOT COME TO CLASS IF:
- You are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- You live or have been in contact with anyone who is sick and/or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- You live or have been in contact with anyone who has travelled in the last 14 days
Changes around the Studio
- Mask-to-Mat: Students are required to wear masks in all common areas at the studio, but are not required to wear masks during class. Staff (teachers) will wear masks at all times.
- Reduced class size by 75% (9 students + teacher). Mats are measured 2 square meters apart.
- Virtual and Outdoor classes will continue, in addition to regular in-studio classes.
- In-studio Video Guided Practice: This summer we will be offering a combination of Live Instruction (normal) and In-studio Video Guided Practice. These classes will be lead by an on-screen teacher rather than a live teacher. This is one tool we are hoping to employ in order to deal with future staffing and budget challenges, should reduced capacity be required.
- Recent HVAC system upgrade (March 2021) increases air flow and purification throughout the studio, with 12-13 air changes per hour. We also have a secondary medical grade Jaspr air purifier for added filtration. See below for more details.
- COVID-19 Safety Plan (November 2020; Updated March 2021)
- Online pre-registration is required for all classes. Download the Modo Yoga app or view the schedule page on our website to sign-up and reserve your spot. Visit our blog for a step-by-step guide to online pre-registration.
- Sign In Protocol: Doors will open 15 minutes before class begins, and close 15 minutes after class ends. Please wait outside on the designated physical distancing markers before class.
- Mask-to-Mat: Student will not be required to wear masks during class, but are required to wear masks everywhere else in the studio. Mask-on-the-Mat is strongly encouraged. Teachers and staff will wear masks at all times.
- BYO-Everything: We will not be providing mat rentals, towel rentals, or props at this time. Members who pay for mat rentals as part of their membership have the option to keep one of our studio mats in a cubby in the Freedom Room.
- Clean your own gear. Students are responsible for cleaning and storing their own gear, staff will not be assisting with mat cleaning after class. Spray bottles of Benefect disinfectant and cloths will be stationed throughout the hot room.
- Change room use is available, but discouraged. Whenever possible, try to arrive in your yoga clothes!
- Showers use is available, but discouraged. Whenever possible, try to shower at home! We recognize that some students do not have access to a vehicle and may need to shower before work. If you do need to use our showers, remember to bring your own towel, and spray and wipe down all surfaces before and after you shower. Masks are mandatory in the change rooms before and after you shower. Note: studio doors close 15 minutes after class ends, so keep your shower quick!
- Cancellation Policy: If you’re unable to attend a class you’ve signed up for remember to cancel your reservation online more than 6 hours before the class begins to avoid penalty. There will be no refunds for late cancellations or no shows. (If it’s less than 6 hours before class and your in a bind, email the manager or call the studio to let us know you’re not going to make it!)
No Longer Accepting…
- Cash. We will not be accepting cash payments at this time.
- ClassPass. We will be suspending attendance through ClassPass at this time.
- Traveller’s Pass. Due to the nature of COVID-19, we will be suspending access to traveller’s passes for members at this time.
HVAC Air Purification System Upgrade
To help increase air flow and purification in the studio, we have added a Global Plasma Solutions (GPS) Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization (NPBI) system to our HVAC unit. Not only does this new system purify the air, but it also increases air flow to 12-13 air changes per hour!
- NPBI is an ionization system that purifies the air by eliminating airborne particulates, odours and pathogens
- Similar to a magnetic field, this system attracts microscopic particles together to make them larger, which enables those particles to be caught by air filters!
- First, fans in the ceiling actively draw air from the room up into our HVAC unit, and through our primary air filter. Then, the air is pulled through a secondary ionized purification system and specialty filter the gets all those particles the first filter missed. After the air has been filtered and purified, it is evenly circulated back into the room, giving our students clean, pure air to breathe during class
If you have any questions about our HVAC upgrade, email email@example.com. Or, for the specs on our new air purification system, visit this website.