For the health and safety of our community, DO NOT COME TO CLASS IF:
- You are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- You or someone you have been in contact with is sick and/or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- You or someone you have been in contact with has been required to self-isolate within the last 7 days
Changes around the Studio
- Reduced class size by 25%: Up to 35 students + teacher (down from 48).
- HVAC system upgrade (March 2021) increases air flow and purification throughout the studio, with 12-13 air changes per hour. We also have a secondary medical grade Jaspr air purifier for added filtration. See below for more information.
- COVID-19 Safety Plan (November 2020; Updated March 2022)
- Online pre-registration is required for all classes. Download the Modo Yoga (Canada, L.A. & Miami) app or view the schedule page on our website to sign-up and reserve your spot.
- Sign In Protocol: Door open 30 minutes before class begins. Whenever possible, please follow our Quick-In-Quick-Out policy and try not to linger in the studio. Meeting a friend? Hang outside before and after class!
- BYO-Everything: At this time we encourage you to bring your own gear. We are offering mat rentals, towel rentals, and props to those who do not have their own. For non-members mat and towel rentals are $4 each (or $6 for both). Rentals are free for all auto-renewing members.
- Clean your own gear. Students are responsible for cleaning and storing their own gear. Spray bottles of Benefect disinfectant and cloths will be stationed both in and out of the hot room.
- Change room use is available, but discouraged. Whenever possible, try to arrive in your yoga clothes!
- Showers use is available, but discouraged. Whenever possible, try to shower at home! If you do need to use our showers, remember to bring your own towel, and spray and wipe down all surfaces before and after you shower. Note: studio doors close 15 minutes after class ends, so keep your shower quick!
- Cancellation Policy: If you’re unable to attend a class you’ve signed up for, remember to cancel your reservation online more than 6 hours before the class begins. There will be no refunds for late cancellations or no shows. Unlimited and Intro Month members will be charged a $15 fee for late cancellations and no shows. (If it’s less than 6 hours before class and your in a bind, email the manager or call the studio to let us know you’re not going to make it!)
- Traveller’s Pass. Member access to the traveller’s pass is suspended at this time.
- ClassPass. We have suspended our partnership with ClassPass until further notice.
- Bring-a-Friend. The bring-a-friend pass for members is suspended at this time.
- Visiting Teacher’s Pass. Visiting Modo teachers will not be able to receive free classes at the studio at this time. Thank you for your support and understanding.
HVAC Air Purification System Upgrade
To help increase air flow and purification in the studio, we have added a Global Plasma Solutions (GPS) Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization (NPBI) system to our HVAC unit. Not only does this new system purify the air, but it also increases air flow to 12-13 air changes per hour!
- NPBI is an ionization system that purifies the air by eliminating airborne particulates, odours and pathogens
- Similar to a magnetic field, this system attracts microscopic particles together to make them larger, which enables those particles to be caught by air filters!
- First, fans in the ceiling actively draw air from the room up into our HVAC unit, and through our primary air filter. Then, the air is pulled through a secondary ionized purification system and specialty filter the gets all those particles the first filter missed. After the air has been filtered and purified, it is evenly circulated back into the room, giving our students clean, pure air to breathe during class