The Modo Yoga Teacher Training consists of 2 parts.
The first part (which must be completed first) is a 50 hour e-course, which covers the following material:
HOW & WHY WE PRACTICE WITH TED GRAND
– an introduction to neuroscience and physiology
– the science of meditation
– the benefits of physical asanas based off modern scientific studies
THE HEART OF PRACTICE WITH JESS ROBERTSON
– exploring the Yamas & Niyamas
– how to take your yoga practice off-the-mat
– yoga as activism
HISTORY & PHILOSOPHY OF YOGA WITH VIKRAM SINGH
– the historical roots of yoga
– how yoga was introduced to western culture
– the Bhagavad Gita
– the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
MINDFULNESS WITH LENA LAFORET
– intro to meditation
– mindfulness practices
– the 3 gems of Buddhism
– developing a mindful relationship with technology
SELF EXPLORATION WITH SARA SALEHI
– goal setting
– building interpersonal relationship skills
– building conflict resolution skills
The second part is a 2-week LIVE intensive training (offered in-person and online), where you will learn the practical, hands-on skills required to lead group yoga classes. Content includes:
PRACTICE TEACHING WITH EZMERALDA STAVROFF
This is where you actually teach asana classes as a group and get personalized feedback on your teaching. You will cover best practices for language, cues, intention setting, and class themes.
POSTURE WORKSHOP WITH ROBI MCKENNA
In this lecture series we break down every pose in the Modo Yoga sequence. You will gain a deeper understanding of each asana, and explore the anatomy, benefits and, if applicable, it’s origin story in the roots of yoga philosophy.
ANATOMY WITH TASH PAPACHRISTOFOROU
In this lecture series you will explore how your body moves. You will practice posture variations and modifications with the intention of observing, from experience, how the poses may physically differ and feel from person to person.
REAL WORLD TEACHING WITH SARAH FOSSEN & LENA COLEMAN
In this lecture you will learn the more practical components of being a yoga teacher. We offer tips for teaching in a studio environment, teaching online, and continuing to practice your yoga off-the-mat as you step into the role of Teacher.