Virtual Studio How to
HOW TO TAKE CLASS:
- Download Zoom on your laptop, iPad or smartphone. Make sure to enable audio.
- Sign up for class just like you normally do, via our website or app. You will receive a confirmation email from us.
- Before class begins, you’ll receive a second email this time from Modo Yoga Vaudreuil (firstname.lastname@example.org, add this email address to your safe senders list or the emails may land in your spam!) with the online class link. Click the link about 5-10 minutes before class begins. A Zoom dialogue box will display “waiting for the host to start the meeting”. This is normal – the video will start once the teacher logs into Zoom.
- The teacher will mute all participants once class starts – you won’t be heard while you practice, but you have the option to be seen. If you prefer, you can turn off your camera!
- Enjoy the feeling that you are practicing with other people from your community, and remember to take your savasana!
- Make sure your MindBody account has your correct email address! Contact us at email@example.com if you are having trouble updating it.
- Sign up for class in advance – this week we are capping class capacity at 90 just so we don’t break the internet (and then we hope to increase this!)! Sign-ups for a class will end 5 minutes before class starts.
- Though we love to share, each link is customized for single use and will only work with one user.
If you didn’t get a link (and you searched your inbox for “firstname.lastname@example.org”, and checked your Spam messages) please email email@example.com for assistance.
Physical distancing is crucial right now, but we don’t need to be socially isolated. So we’ve set up virtual Zoom classes to provide a more studio-like experience.
Zoom classes will be offered as a sliding-scale pricing for our virtual classes, so you can choose what works best for you. Pay per class, or by the week, and select the option that feels best for you right now: $5, $8 or $15 per single class, or $20 per week unlimited.
If you’re one of the earth-angels working in Essential Services, we want to honour you! Choose “Heroes pay Zero” and apply for a zero-dollar membership.
You can register for our virtual classes the same way you did before, from our website or the Modo Yoga app. If you prefer to use an existing membership or class card, those will still work too. We’ve included step-by-step instructions above.
We can’t wait to see you in one of our online classes! We wish you all the strength, courage and yoga you need to stay safe and healthy through these unpredictable times.